OUR CARAVAN AND MOTORHOME SITE WILL BE OPEN FROM THE 12TH APRIL 2021 AND THE LATEST GOVERNEMENT GUIDENCE (as of 25th March 2021) STATES THAT SHOWER AND TOILET BLOCKS CAN BE OPEN FOR OUR GUESTS TO USE FROM 12TH APRIL. Please note that this is the current state of play, but things can change if the Government’s road map does not go according to plan.
However, we still advise people to use their own on board facilities if they can, but knowing that our facilities will be open should make your stay far more comfortable. The washing and toilet facilities will be reduced in numbers to avoid over crowding and guests are asked to adhere to social distancing rules and to clean down all touch points after use with the materials provided. The washing up facilities will NOT be open from 12th April.
We plan to have the entire site open to all guests including tents, with ALL facilities in use, from 17th May 2021. However, we live in strange times and these plans could be changed at short notice. If you make a paid booking with us and then subsequently have to cancel your booking due to CV19 issues, or we have to cancel your booking for the same reason, you will get a FULL refund or the opportunity to carry your booking forward to a new date. .
Before booking your stay with us please scroll down this page and read the IMPORTANT information below in RED with reference to Covid 19.
Fakenham Racecourse runs its own high quality and independent caravan – motor home and camping site. The site is open to guests every day of the year making it the ideal location for relaxing summer holidays and winter breaks.
Ideal base to visit North Norfolk for it’s Beautiful Beaches, Coastal Walks, Historic Houses and Parks, Nature and Wildlife, Cycling, Norfolk Broads and many other Attractions, for more information visit www.visitnorthnorfolk.com
There are a number of features which make Fakenham Racecourse the prime site for a caravanning, camping or motorhome holiday in Norfolk. For many, it’s the location. Just 10 miles from the stunning North Norfolk coast. It is a short 10-minute walk into the market town of Fakenham which is at the heart of the County and surrounded by Norfolk’s finest attractions.
The site itself makes the perfect base. Our 125 pitches are set in beautiful countryside, some of which are sheltered by tall conifers and mature trees. The grounds and modern facilities are excellently maintained.
Directions: On approaching Fakenham please follow the signs for Fakenham Racecourse and/or the brown tourist signs which have a caravan symbol on them. Turn down the private, tree lined road to the racecourse (Satnav NR21 7NY) go past the tennis courts on your right, past the sports centre buildings on your left and continue straight over two speed bumps until you come to the reception building and office on your right hand side. STOP – you are there!!
Fakenham Racecourse Caravan, Motor Homes and Camping Site is delighted to welcome our guests. We want to reassure all guests that we have measures in place, to ensure the safety of all our staff and guests.
“We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business such as the Fakenham Racecourse has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR STAY
Please note we hope to be able to open the Caravan and Motor Home Site from MONDAY 12TH APRIL
FOR GUESTS FROM IN SELF CONTAINED CARAVANS / MOTOR HOMES ONLY.
At the moment ALL race meeting are operating ‘behind closed doors’. This means no members of the public can attend.
Payment is made in full at the time of booking, whether that be online or over the telephone and is non-refundable. This helps to reduce the interaction between guests and staff on site and speeds up the arrival process.
However, if your booking has to be cancelled due to CV19 restrictions (BUT ONLY DUE TO CV19) then your stay can be re-booked at any time over a two year period or we can arrange a REFUND.
In addition, the following protocols will be in place to ensure the site complies with the COVID-19 Secure guidelines:
– Pitches will not be pre-booked but will be allocated to guests on their arrival at the site.
– Weekend opening hours 9.00am – 1.00pm. ARRIVAL TIME can be from 11.30am and ALL DEPARTURES by 11 am.
– All guests are asked to be quite (no music, loud laughter or chat) after 10.30 pm each night to ensure other guests are not disturbed.
– The communal toilet and showers blocks will be open but with a reduced number of showers and toilets to maintain social distancing.
– Caravan and Motor Home Guests are strongly urged to use their on on board facilities as this reduces the risks even further and also allows easier use of the facilities to campers who have no option but to use the site facilities.
– Can all guests please read the information on this link which is provided by Norfolk County Council: https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/-/media/norfolk/downloads/what-we-do-and-how-we-work/campaigns/coronavirus-toolkit/tourism/tourist-information-leaflet.pdf?la=en
– Can any guests who need ACCESSIBLE toilet and shower facilities, or BABY changing facilities, please contact us in advance to confirm your requirements.
– 1 to 2 meter social distancing to be adhered to at all times whilst on site.
– A reduction in the number of units on-site to ensure there is generous distance between units.
– The small convenience shop, information kiosk, laundry facilities, communal fridge and washing up facilities will be closed.
– No social interaction between units unless part of a family bubble.
– Government legislation requires full details of everybody staying on the racecourse site. Therefore, unfortunately visitors will not be permitted.
– Hostel/Apartment Accommodation will not be available.