Before booking your stay with us please scroll down this page and read the IMPORTANT information in RED with reference to Covid 19.
Fakenham Racecourse runs its own high quality and independent caravan and camping site. The site is open to guests every day of the year making it the ideal location for relaxing summer holidays and winter breaks.
Ideal base to visit North Norfolk for it’s Beautiful Beaches, Coastal Walks, Historic Houses and Parks, Nature and Wildlife, Cycling, Norfolk Broads and many other Attractions, for more information visit www.visitnorthnorfolk.com
There are a number of features which make Fakenham Racecourse the prime site for a caravanning or camping holiday in Norfolk. For many, it’s the location. Just 10 miles from the stunning North Norfolk coast. It is a short 10-minute walk into the market town of Fakenham which is at the heart of the County and surrounded by Norfolk’s finest attractions.
The site itself makes the perfect base. Our 125 pitches are set in beautiful countryside, some of which are sheltered by tall conifers and mature trees. The grounds and modern facilities are excellently maintained.
After 103 days of lock-down Fakenham Racecourse Caravan and Camping Site is delighted to welcome our guests back. We want to reassure all guests that we have measures in place, to ensure the safety of all our staff and guests.
“We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business such as the Fakenham Racecourse has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR STAY
Please note that the Caravan & Camping Site IS NOW OPEN & PITCHES ARE AVAILABLE.
Payment is made in full at the time of booking, whether that be online or over the telephone. This helps to reduce the interaction between guests and staff on site and speeds up the arrival process.
The Government’s recent announcement of a reduction in VAT from 20% to 5%, from 15th July 2020 until 12th January 2021, for certain businesses engaged in the accommodation, hospitality and leisure industries is greatly welcomed. Fakenham Racecourse Caravan & Camping Site has signed up to these new arrangements and we hope our guests will understand that we shall not be passing the reduction in VAT onto our guests. The VAT reduction is there to help businesses get through these very challenging times and to try and make up for some of the lost income incurred during lock down. Thank you for your understanding and support for Fakenham Racecourse.
In addition, the following protocols will be in place to ensure the site complies with the COVID-19 Secure guidelines:
– Pitches will not be pre-booked but will be allocated to guests on their arrival at the site.
– ALL ARRIVALS must be after 2 pm and ALL DEPARTURES by 11 am.
– All guests are asked to be quite (no music, loud laughter or chat) after 10.30 pm each night to ensure other guests are not disturbed.
– The communal toilet and showers blocks will be OPEN but with a reduced number of showers and toilets to maintain social distancing.
– Caravan and Motor Home Guests are ADVISED to use their on on board facilities.
– Can any guests who need ACCESSIBLE toilet and shower facilities, or BABY changing facilities, please contact us in advance to confirm your requirements.
– 1 to 2 meter social distancing to be adhered to at all times whilst on site.
– Tents are welcomed but are ADVISED to use self-contained toilet and washing facilities if they have them.
– A reduction in the number of units on-site to ensure there is generous distance between units.
– The small convenience shop, information kiosk, laundry facilities and communal fridge and freezer will be closed.
– No social interaction between units unless part of a family bubble.
– Government legislation requires full details of everybody staying on the racecourse site. Therefore, unfortunately visitors will not be permitted.
– Hostel/Apartment Accommodation will not be available.