Fakenham Racecourse (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Fakenham Recourse of The Racecourse, Fakenham Norfolk NR21 7NY
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.fakenhamracecourse.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you join our mailing list or purchase badges/ book caravan pitch via our site and when you email us using our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, , browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information. We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to process payments, carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you such as secure payment mechanism companies for processing credit/ debit card payments.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
We will never pass on or sell any of your personal information to any 3rd party for marketing purposes.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we implement various security measures in relation to our processing and transfer of personal data. However, the nature of the Internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.